- Produce knowledge in specific areas of History, without thematic or chronological restrictions, and in accordance with the general guidelines of the area of concentration of Relations of Power and Culture in a wide-ranging and particular manner with the research lines: Relations of Power, Language, and Intellectual History; Relations of Power, Labor, and Cultural Practices.
- Contribute to the qualification of teaching staff in fundamental, second level, and higher education, allowing the specialization of graduates in History and related areas, through the stimulation of research and critical reflection in the field of history .
- Allow access to current historiographic and theoretical production in relation to questions involved in the program’s research lines and encourage the dissemination and exchange of scientific production.
- Contribute to historical research, allowing bibliographic and documentary research to produce high quality dissertations and theses of great academic merit.
- Adopt an interdisciplinary perspective between History and other areas of knowledge.
- Train researchers qualified in historical research methods and techniques, with the aim of producing a multiplying effect on a more humanistic development of the professionals covered by the program.
- Stimulate creativity and provide permanent conditions for the updating, development, and specialization of researchers in History and professionals from related areas.
- Meet the demands of History professionals who work in the region around UFRRJ in terms of the qualification and specialization processes.
- Train reflexive educators with critical spirits, capable of perceiving and developing their didactic-pedagogical attributes, their own teaching, study, and research methodologies, within and outside the classroom, in relation to global, national, and regional questions.
Profile of the professionals we want to graduate
- History professionals with a solid academic education and capable of interacting with various areas of knowledge, through the practice of scientific research.
- Professionals capable of understanding the role of the discipline of History and its contribution to the challenges of contemporary societies.
- Professionals capable of perceiving and applying the principle of inseparability between research and teaching, dominating the nature of historical knowledge and the essential practices of its production and diffusion.
- Historians with a critical and reflexive spirit, with a vision of development and evolution of human societies in general, and Brazilian society, local and regional communities, in particular.
- Historians committed to the principles of democracy, capable of working in teams and favoring dialogue, respecting social differences, and raising awareness among citizens, corresponding to the singularity of education and the exercise of educational practice.
- History professionals capable of organizing, formulating, and participating in the implementation of public policies, both in governmental agencies and civil society institutions.
Postado em 29/01/2020 - 12:05 - Atualizado em 18/03/2021 - 08:50